Q: I had front brakes and rotors replaced and now my brakes are squeaking and grinding when I come to a stop. I just had front and b

asked by on June 13, 2017

I replaced front and back brakes and rotors less than a month ago and now I hear squeaking and feel grinding when I come to a stop or press the brakes. today I went to a different brake shop to have them checked and was told that all look good and the brakes look to have 90% life. what could be causing the squeaking and grinding?

Squealing noise from brakes Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. A squealing noise typically happens because there is a vibration between the pad and the rotor. This is likely pertaining to the caliper that moves the brake pad back and forth. While they may not be damaged, broken, or faulty, they can become misaligned and cause a squeal. Often a shim can be done or an adjustment done to resolve the issue. You may also need to grease the guide pins that the calipers move along. For more help and a proper inspection, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr