Q: Water pump might be bad. Car has coolant leak.

My car has a coolant leak from underneath, but I can't find the source.I looked online and think its the water pump, but I'm not sure.

Hi there. Coolant can leak from a number of different spots on your vehicle. If the coolant is steadily leaking while the engine is running, then it is typically the water pump. If not then it can be the radiator, or a hose or a number of other areas. You can purchase a dye kit from most auto parts stores that can be added to the coolant and allow you to find the leak. The best way is by having the system pressure tested. To do this you should enlist the help of a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, to inspect your coolant leak.