Q: The dash shows SRS light on

Hello. The dashboard in my car shows SRS light on. I've heard it could have something to so with the seat belts or air bag. This warning light was on a while back, but it turned off after I had pulled the seat belts several times. Now, it is on again. What should I do? I would like to fix it myself. Thank you.

Hello. Since the light is on the computer needs to be scanned for codes to know for sure what is going on. On this vehicle though the most common cause of this is a seat belt sensor issue or a seat occupancy sensor. Most of the time it is the seat sensor. The only way to know for sure without wasting money on parts is to scan the computer. If you need to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your SRS Light and let you know what has failed.

3. The dash shows SRS light on