Q: My 2018 XC60 was in neutral at a car wash. When it was time to leave, the car would not go forward when put into gear

I was going through an automatic car wash with the car running in neutral riding on a belt. When it was time to leave, I put the car in drive and it would not go forward. After multiple times trying to stop and restart, I finally was able to move forward. What do I need to do when it is time to leave?

Hi Brad. Thanks for sending your question today. Since your car is 2017 I would strongly recommend contacting your local Volvo dealership or the location where the vehicle was purchased first. An issue like this is likely due to an internal transmission electrical glitch, which should be covered under a warranty service. However, it is also possible that debris is trapped in the shifter or the excessive water pressure of the car wash may have disabled the shift solenoid. Regardless, this is something that you should consult with the dealership to avoid potential warranty coverage being void.

3. My 2018 XC60 was in neutral at a car wash. When it was time to leave, the car would not go forward when put into gear