Q: 1998 Toyota Corolla won't accelerate

When I put my foot on the gas pedal, my car won't go. Also, transmission fluid is leaking. I think the driveshaft seal needs to be replaced.

A low fluid level will cause the transmission to not go into a drive gear fully. The differential seals from the transaxle can leak, and cause fluid level to drop. If these seals are leaking, they will need to be replaced; special tools are required to remove the driveshafts and replace the seals. Driving while the transmission fluid level is low can cause premature wear internally in the transmission. Fault codes should be read out to determine if there are possible issues caused by a low fluid level. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to run a full diagnostic test of your acceleration issue, and recommend the best path to repair.

3. 1998 Toyota Corolla won't accelerate