Q: spark plugs

asked by on December 21, 2016

I thought I changed my spark plugs a couple years ago but a car reminder came up to replace them. Seems like the car is running fine but is there a way to check to see if I do need to replace them?

Hello there, the spark plugs on your 2008 Acura RDX are replaced in regular service intervals. The service interval for your vehicle states the spark plugs should be replaced every 60,000 miles. The RDX is equipped with a maintenance minder system that will inform you when parts should be replaced or serviced based on mileage and wear. If your vehicle is informing you to replace the spark plugs it likely needs them. The only way to check the spark plugs is to remove them, at which point it is best to just replaced them at that time. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your spark plugs and replaced them as needed.