Q: I have a 1965 Ford F100 with a pontiac 455 motor, what would be the pros and cons of 1) straight piping the truck and 2) would I l

I am currently doing a frame of restoration on the truck and I would like to make a custom exhaust for it since it doesn't have one at the moment. Since it is pre-1975 and I don't have to do emissions testing on it I would like to know what the pros and cons of straight piping the car and whether or not I would lose or gain HP and? or torque by doing so. I am planning to put a 2.5 inch header on it.

Running straight exhaust off of the headers will cause the engine to have no back pressure and can cause cold air to get to the valves along with excessive oxygen and can overheat the headers and valves. It is recommended to have ant least a two chamber muffler to supply a back pressure and some noise reduction without a loss of power.

3. I have a 1965 Ford F100 with a pontiac 455 motor, what would be the pros and cons of 1) straight piping the truck and 2) would I l