Q: How do I get rid of the TPMS warning light even though the exact amount of air is in all of the tires?

asked by on October 28, 2016

We just bought the car from the car dealer company, we didn't test the car before we decide to get it. When we're about 3 miles, the car started to show the TPMS required service in the monitor.We went to gasoline station to check the tire air and add some air as the car required the exact amount of psi. We went back the day after to their maintenance service center,they check the tires psi but still the TPMS warning lights on.

The Tire Pressure Monitoring System needs a dealer specific scan tool, or generic TPMS reset tool to reset the system. Why the system is not communicating is the real question. Typically this happens if they have been replaced and have not been synced correctly yet. Did the vehicle’s report say anything about these being repaired recently? Was the dealership manufacture specific?

If not, then you may want to find someone who has a separate TPMS controller, or a Mitsubishi scan tool, that can access and program the system. If the TPMS sensors are original, one or more of them may have failed. If the technician was not using the correct scan tool, the codes may not have registered correctly with the reader.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the warning light is on and suggest any necessary repairs.