Q: my car will not start after putting fuel in the tank, what could be the reason for this happening? 2006 Kia Rio 5

Every time i fill up my car with gas it will not start. I have to keep trying and pressing the gas until it starts, what could be the reason for this happening? It is a 2006 Kia Rio 5

The EVAP purge valve might be stuck open. Is so, that will throw off the air fuel ratio enough to cause the problem you are describing. The purge valve can be tested, just request EVAP system testing - purge valve. If the purge valve is OK, the mechanic would test the output (pressure of the fuel pump). If this problem is happening consistently when the fuel level is drawn all the way down, the fuel pump ends up getting hot. When you add cool fuel into the tank that causes the pump to fail perhaps in the temporary fashion you are experiencing. Other possibilities include throttle body faults, and a stuck idle air control valve. If you request the EVAP system testing - purge valve, if the fault does not lie there in that component, the mechanic will simply move down the list of possibilities until the fault is pinpointed. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. my car will not start after putting fuel in the tank, what could be the reason for this happening? 2006 Kia Rio 5