Q: My car does not move when I accelerate, the engine shakes when it is turned on and in a traffic it shakes sometimes.

my car cant move when i place my leg on the accelerator, the engine shakes. i noticed the temperature goes high when the Ac is turned on and it jerks sometimes when in trafic

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Check the engine for any misfiring conditions. Check the spark plugs and the fuel injectors and see if they are working properly. See if there is spark to the engine and see if the injectors are firing by unplugging one injector at a time. A misfire will make the engine shake and not accelerate. Plus it will cause the engine to overheat when an extra load is applied to the engine (like an air conditioning unit turned on). If you need further assistance with your engine shaking, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.