The car is shaking when stopped and when you drive it hes...

Q: The car is shaking when stopped and when you drive it hesitates and won't go to fast

asked by on November 13, 2017

When the car is stopped it shakes really bad and when you start to drive it hesitates and doesn't want to go very fast.

There are a number of things that may cause the car to hesitate when accelerating such as low fuel pressure, a dirty or faulty mass air flow sensor, clogged or dirty fuel injectors, a faulty throttle position sensor or potentially a bad fuel pump. Other things like a vacuum leak or faulty ignition components such as bad spark plugs or spark plug wires may also cause this kind of hesitation when accelerating. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.