Q: Why is car losing power Honda Accord

I new the clutch needed replacing a friend used my car and topped up brake fluid they said dae new what they were doing but now the engine is losing all power between gear changes.

Hello - based on your description of the vehicle behavior, it would seem like your clutch is slipping when you upshift. A worn clutch, weak pressure plate, or clutch disk contaminated by oil, will slip, causing the momentary loss of power you describe. As this becomes worse, the clutch will likely start slipping while in gear as well. I would recommend an inspection for this loss of power by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.