Q: How do I use the sun visor vanity mirror?

How do I use the sun visor vanity mirror?

A: The sun visors in your car have a mirror bu...

The sun visors in your car have a mirror built into them. Some mirrors are illuminated with a lamp in the visor or one above the visor. To use the mirror, open the cover by sliding it to a side or flipping it open. When the cover is open it will activate a switch which will illuminate the lamp.

On some higher line cars, there is a magnification mirror behind the normal mirror that can be accessed by sliding the mirror over. When you’re finished, close the lid to turn the lamp off. If your visor is equipped with a flip up cover, fold the cover down by hand to avoid damaging the cover. Just flipping the visor up and using the head liner to close the lid as the visor goes up can damage the hinge, causing the lid to break off.