Q: When recently parking, I selected reverse gear on a manual car and It moved backwards and all of a sudden it started to make noise.

asked by on March 18, 2017

When recently parking. I selected reverse gear on a manual car. It moved backwards and all of a sudden it started to make noise and rolled foward. What could be the problem?

Grinding sound from transmission Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. It sounds like the reverse input gear has ground off and now the high gear which is for direct drive of overdrive is engaged. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your transmission grinding noise.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr