Q: When recently parking, I selected reverse gear on a manual car and It moved backwards and all of a sudden it started to make noise.

When recently parking. I selected reverse gear on a manual car. It moved backwards and all of a sudden it started to make noise and rolled foward. What could be the problem?

Hi there. It sounds like the reverse input gear has ground off and now the high gear which is for direct drive of overdrive is engaged. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your transmission grinding noise.

3. When recently parking, I selected reverse gear on a manual car and It moved backwards and all of a sudden it started to make noise.