Q: the car dies when put in gear

asked by on March 04, 2017

the car dies when put in gear and run fine in park . new tps iac opti icm coil plugs and wire cleaning the throttle bode and egr valve and mass air sensor no vaccum leak new battery and the problem still exicte the chek engine light is on.

Hello, thank you for writing in. Unfortunately this is one of the situations where the possible causes can be with a lot of different components. You may want to do some further testing on the intake air temperature sensor. There is also a map sensor that is responsible for regulating the vacuum supply that may have failed. However at this point in your diagnosis, you may want to resort to checking the transmission. Being an automatic, this may be something you want to have done by a professional. If the transmission is to blame, then there is likely a leak and a pressure issue and various tests will need to be done. For more help, contact our service department to schedule diagnostic work.