Q: New thermostat new coolant temp sensor car is still going into red and overheating what do i do

Car was overheating so we replaced the thermostat and coolant temp sensor. It starts up and runs, it just gets hot very fast and then the dashboard dings hot coolant temp. I dont know what else to do. Single mom of 4 and low income. I do not think it is a blown head gasket because oil is not milky.

You should first see if the electric cooling fan is coming on before it overheats? If they do not come on then the fans needs checked to see what is keeping it from coming on? It may be a fan motor bad. If fan comes on then you most likely have a blown headgasket.

3. New thermostat new coolant temp sensor car is still going into red and overheating what do i do