Q: Thermostat housing leaking

I think my lower thermostat housing is leaking. I replaced the upper thermostat housing and now the leak is even worse.

Hello! A leaking thermostat housing is a very common concern for your year model. Generally, replacing the entire thermostat housing takes care of it, which includes the upper and lower sections. This is a large plastic housing that should have a cap with a thermostat inside and a large lower section. Have a mechanic, such as one of our YourMechanic experts, inspect the work for any misaligned seals or weak hose clamps. These can be missed even after installing a new housing and cause a big mess! Spring-style fluid hose clamps - of all kinds - should be replaced on higher mileage vehicles. After such a long time, once you squeeze them to remove a hose, they never quite spring back as tight.

3. Thermostat housing leaking