Q: I've got codes P0171 P0102 P0113 P0171 P0101 from the CEL and TRAC being lit up. This happened all of a sudden and the 2010 Toyot

asked by on December 06, 2016

This first happened last night on my way home from work. I was sitting in traffic and it was raining. The car acted like it was going to die and kinda sputtering. This is when the check engine light came on then shortly after the traction light also came on. I went to Oreilly auto parts and they checked codes but I didn't get the detail-guy there suggested cleaning the airflow sensor and he helped me install a new air filter. I did notice there was debris inside the compartment under the air filter but had no vacuum to remove it so we closed it up. I was thinking I'd get a new gas cap just to rule one thing out...? This morning I went to Auto Zone and they gave me a read out with the codes I mentioned. I'm afraid of taking my car in to the dealership as I don't have hundreds of dollars to spend right now and I'm afraid if I take it somewhere else it will just be an experiment on what it may be over and over.

Mass Airflow Sensor Replacement $171.84 - $740.29 Get a Quote
Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. The codes P0171 (System too lean bank1), P0102 (mass airflow circuit low), P0113 (intake air temperature circuit high), and P0101 (mass airflow circuit range/performance) could be, all related to a faulty MAF (mass airflow) sensor. The TRAC light coming on with the check engine light would be considered normal, as the traction control is disabled when the ECM (engine control module)/computer recognizes a fault. Replacing components without diagnoses, can be expensive and time consuming without resolution. I recommend having your vehicle’s check engine light on be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.