Q: dash and parking lights flicker on and off after turning off the car

They ignition switch is sometimes hard to turn on but after a few wiggles it works. Now the dash lights and parking lights flicker when you shut off the car. Sometimes they stay on. I unhooked the positive cable from the battery and hooked it back up and so far it seems fine. Could this be the ignition switch going bad?

Hi there:

I’ts very common for an ignition cylinder to go bad over time and cause inconsistent operation of multiple electrical components including dash and parking lights. The best way to determine whether it’s the ignition cylinder or assembly, or if the issue is caused by a faulty ignition relay, you should have a professional mobile mechanic complete a electrical problems inspection.

• dash and parking lights flicker on and off after turning off the car