Q: Car just shuts off while driving down the road, no codes are coming up.

The just shuts off while driving down road. It is sporadic but when it happens it is usually at a stop. However, it has happened while driving down the road. There is no check engine light on either.

The fuel and/or ignition system has an intermittent fault due to an electrical problem. The sensors that feed into these systems could be implicated. The Factory Service Manual has a decision tree to diagnose an issue such as this. Basically, you have to start with the most likely causes and just go down the list until the issue is identified. It is definitely resolvable but just has to be diagnosed in a systematic way until the faulty component and/or wiring connection is found. If you would like, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your vehicle, and definitively diagnose the electrical issue.

• Car just shuts off while driving down the road, no codes are coming up.