Q: Code P0320 200 Mercury Cougar 2.0l

asked by on September 30, 2016

Replaced the engine with a used ome from a wrecking yard .Old one lost #4 cyl

Reset the battery Replaced the coil pak wires plugs crank sensor and camshaft sensor Swapped the wiring harness off the old engine The old engine was running when pulled Still no spark I am lost need help ?

Hello. A no spark condition can be caused by many things. If the aforementioned components have already been replaced I would move on to looking at the ignition module, and perhaps the wiring to a few specific components. The ignition module is the component that controls the vehicle’s timing.

If this component goes out it will leave the vehicle without spark. It may also be possible that the issue is with wiring to a specific component. Certain components, such as the crankshaft position sensor, or ignition coil are vital to engine spark. If they have any sort of wiring issues they may not function properly and can leave the vehicle without spark. If you have replaced those parts already, there could be adjacent electrical problems that are present. I would start by testing the ignition module and moving from there. If you need further help with this before making your next repair, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the electrical wiring to help pinpoint the problem.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr