Q: How can I fix a ticking noise coming from the engine to my Pontiac torrent 2009?

When I start the vehicle, it makes a ticking noise, it comes from the top of the motor. I want to fix it myself how don't know where to start

Hi there. The noise you are hearing is the lifters in the engine are not pressurizing up or stuck in the down position. Check the oil level on the engine and see if the level is low. If the fluid is low, then top it off and see if the noise goes away. If the noise continues, then I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your engine for a lifter replacement.

• How can I fix a ticking noise coming from the engine to my Pontiac torrent 2009?