2009 chevy malibu is the fuel filter above the fuel tank ...

Q: 2009 chevy malibu is the fuel filter above the fuel tank because i have looked every place but there

asked by on August 15, 2017

fuel filter is it above fuel tank because i have looked every place but above fuel tank

The fuel system does not have a fuel filter but only a fuel strainer on the bottom of the fuel pump. If there is a problem with plugged fuel system then replace strainer.

Hi Michael. Thanks for writing back. After doing some additional research, I’ve learned something new - there is no replaceable fuel filter on the 2009 Chevrolet Malibu. Most GM’s prior to 2006 had a fuel filter located under the fuel tank, but this was removed. The only filter is a rock screen actually inside the fuel tank.