Q: Intermittent issue with the brakes slipping

Very recently, my car started to develop some braking problems, for which I went to several shops and was told various things as to what might be the cause. When I drive and try to slow down and apply the brakes, there is this sliding and slipping feel to it as if I was driving on ice, but the weather is hot. This happens intemittently and especially when making turns to the right. However, it sometimes happens when I brake during driving forward. I was told that they master cylinder is or the vacuum leak might be the cause. Also, it might be a brake booster or ABS module. The last shop said it is the bad ball bearing on the passenger's side. I've got so much information that I do not know where to start. What do you suggest I check first? Thanks.

The problem may be due to the ABS engaging and seeming like the brakes are releasing in the front. If you have a defective wheel sensor in the front, then this can cause this. The wheel that has a bad wheel bearing may be the same one that has the wheel sensor defective. I would have the ABS system tested to see which sensor is causing the ABS to activate when it should not. This will let you know what the problem is. You may need to replace the front wheel bearings and the wheel sensors may come with the bearings on this vehicle. I would replace the bearings and sensors on both sides in the front at the same time.

3. Intermittent issue with the brakes slipping