humming sound coming from front. humming noises ford

Q: humming sound coming from front.

asked by on December 14, 2016

When I'm driving i can hear this very loud hum and a small vibration where my feet are. Happens at all speeds except for when i turn left.

Hello. Thank you for writing in. There are several reasons you may hear a hum that is related to engine speed. Typically these noises are caused by the tires. New tires, thicker treads, all terrain tires, and others similar are known to make a lot of noise. If you have recently received new tires, this may be the cause. If the vehicle does not make the noise while the car sits in idle, this further suggests that the issue is tire or wheel related. Loose lug nuts, sticking brake pads, improperly inflated tires, and wheel bearings can all make these noises. Further inspection is needed if you have not recently gotten new tires.