Q: Skipping 2nd gear

asked by on December 13, 2016

I have a 94 sentra with 318000 miles and less on motor and trans transmission is skipping 2nd gear and need to know how or what to do to fix

Hi there. It sounds like you may have a shift solenoid or sticking valve concern. Are there any warning lights illuminated? What is the current condition of the transmission fluid? Proper testing of the shift solenoids will require a capable scan tool to produce data to analyze and compare with specifications. Are you able to manually shift the transmission through all the gears? Are there any broken motor mounts? Are there any issues with the engine? There are many things that may need to be checked either visually or with a capable scan tool. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a car does not shift correctly inspection.