Q: My car starts and then dies after a few seconds. It wont rev either when i press on the gas. What could the problem be?

asked by on September 27, 2017

I start my car then it dies after a few seconds. It just idles between 1000 rpms and 3000 rpms. I try to give it some gas but it dont rev at all. It just dies.

Hi Litisha. Thanks for contacting us today. Usually this type of symptom is caused by a faulty fuel pump, fuel pump relay or a mass air flow sensor that is damaged. It’s also common for a dirty fuel filter or clogged fuel injectors to cause this problem. It’s probably a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete an onsite inspection to determine the root source of this problem. This way the right repairs will be completed.