Q: My car starts and then dies after a few seconds. It wont rev either when i press on the gas. What could the problem be?

I start my car then it dies after a few seconds. It just idles between 1000 rpms and 3000 rpms. I try to give it some gas but it dont rev at all. It just dies.

Hi Litisha. Thanks for contacting us today. Usually this type of symptom is caused by a faulty fuel pump, fuel pump relay or a mass air flow sensor that is damaged. It’s also common for a dirty fuel filter or clogged fuel injectors to cause this problem. It’s probably a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete an onsite inspection to determine the root source of this problem. This way the right repairs will be completed.

3. My car starts and then dies after a few seconds. It wont rev either when i press on the gas. What could the problem be?