Q: Hi , I have a 2007 Dodge Charger 2.7 , my car will not start right up it might start after 30 mins or so the starter alternator an

asked by on December 02, 2017

My car will not start right up I had the starter battery and alternator changed . It started sometimes but after trying so many times what else can make my car not start ?

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

There are many causes of hard starting but illustrative ones are a faulty engine coolant temperature switch (sensor), malfunctioning idle air control (IAC) valve, vacuum and EGR leaks, inadequate fuel delivery or pressure (clogged fuel filter, injectors), ignition system faults, and contaminated or old gasoline. If you can start the vehicle readily when cold by holding the accelerator pedal to the floor while cranking, suspect an air induction fault such as a stuck IAC valve. To resolve the issue that you are writing in about, please request a hard start diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr