Q: ABS issue on a 2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEI

My friend's 2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEI, has an ABS that activates on normal stops and the ABS stops working completely. Do you think it is the module?

A: It often is on those. Those are very expens...

It often is on those. Those are very expensive computer-driven systems. I have a video "fixing ABS brakes on your car." Watch that. But, once you've watched that, you are going to realize that you are not going to try to figure out yourself, because the computer I use in that video is very expensive.

You don't just want to guess with an expensive module. Those things are really expensive. I know there are remanufactured ones out there, but from my experience they are poor quality. You really need to buy a new one. Whenever I replace them, I always use new ones, because the rebuilt ones can often have problems. Have the brake system inspected by qualified mechanic. They will be able to assist you with diagnosis and a repair for this problem.