Q: Car idling roughly and loudly

asked by on February 10, 2016

My car idles roughly and loudly. It also does not accelerate fast when I push the gas pedal.

Hello. It sounds as though you have a misfire present, and the engine is not running on all four cylinders. The lack of power would also be related to this. There are many causes for a misfire: a failure in the ignition system, a failed fuel injector, or an internal engine problem. The most likely failure would be in the ignition system. I recommend getting the aid of an experienced mechanic to properly diagnose your rough idle condition, since the ignition system uses high voltage that can shock a person.