Q: When i drive my car over 60 miles my car start shakig

asked by on May 01, 2017

When I drive my car 60 mph and over it starts to shake real bad then when I go to stop it shakes even harder what is the problem help me please

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Steering wheel vibrates or shakes Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Vibration at speed is usually due to dynamic imbalance of the wheel/tire assembly and/or a rim is bent. Even stronger vibration on braking can mean that the brake rotors are warped as well. Certain tire defects, particularly internal belt damage or separations, as well as irregular tire wear will cause shimmy as well. Defective tires will vibrate no matter how "well" balanced they are and indeed some brand new tires with irregularities in sidewall stiffness and excessive radial force variation will vibrate no matter how well balanced. Contributing factors in the circumstance you are describing could be worn struts in the suspension, other loose or worn suspension parts and also loose engine mounts. If there are flat spots on the tire tread, that would be indicative of worn struts. If you request a vibration diagnostic, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic would evaluate all the possibilities, including tire balance, and resolve this for you.