Exception in rendering!

Message: window is not defined

ReferenceError: window is not defined
    at new c (/tmp/execjs20161208-80463-mca8r0js:136:3912)
    at m.mountComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-80463-mca8r0js:47:15602)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-80463-mca8r0js:49:31860
    at a.r.perform (/tmp/execjs20161208-80463-mca8r0js:47:12503)
    at Object.a [as renderToString] (/tmp/execjs20161208-80463-mca8r0js:49:31821)
    at r (/tmp/execjs20161208-80463-mca8r0js:50:21164)
    at Object.S.ReactOnRails.serverRenderReactComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-80463-mca8r0js:32:6073)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-80463-mca8r0js:173:8), <anonymous>:10:23)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-80463-mca8r0js:173:8), <anonymous>:17:3)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-80463-mca8r0js:173:8

Q: My truck will not start - 2005 Ford Expedition

We had been jumping it off for a couple days and then all of a sudden it wouldn't jump off Tuesday. I bought a brand new battery Wednesday night and installed it in. Truck still will not start.

A: The starter on the truck may have burned ou...

The starter on the truck may have burned out from the repeated jumping of the weak battery. This will cause the voltage to the starter to be low and overheat the starter when you try to turn it over multiple times.

Now that you have a good battery and enough voltage to the starter it should turn. Have the voltage checked at the large terminal of the starter where the large cable from the battery is connected. Then check the small terminal at the starter and turn the ignition to start to see if ignition power is reaching the small terminal of the started.

If you get power to both of these then replace the starter. Sometimes, on these vehicles, the small terminal wire breaks on the starter and needs a replacement wire connection.

To avoid any unnecessary repairs, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can diagnose your no start condition at your home and fix the issue accordingly.