Q: Check gauges light is on and car won't start - 1990 Chevrolet C2500 Suburban

The car was running fine. However, when I was about to start it yesterday, there was a check gauges warning on. I failed to start the car. There was no sound of a turnover, no cranking, nothing. Upon turning the key, there would be a sudden jump of the temperature gauge towards the red zone. Then, the check gauges would be illuminated. What is the problem with my car?

Hello. Most of the time, the symptoms you are describing are caused by the battery failing. If there is a bad connection at the battery or if the voltage in the battery is low, then this will occur. If the battery is fine, then the ignition switch is the most common failure for these issues. To have the problem verified, consider having a qualified pro from YourMechanic diagnose the starting issue and Check Gauge Light firsthand in order to have the correct repair made.

• Check gauges light is on and car won't start - 1990 Chevrolet C2500 Suburban