Q: Airbag & seat belt signs come on and off continually

A few days after purchasing the car and driving it, the airbag on the passenger side kept turning off and on. Also, the seat belt sign started coming on and off, too. I think there is probably something wrong with the sensor. When I took my car to get it fixed, they only fixed the wiring, which did not solve the problem. The same thing still occurs with the airbag and seat belt signs. What is causing this problem and what will repair it? Thanks.

A: Hello there, A few different problems can ...

Hello there,

A few different problems can cause airbags faults such as these. The most common problems are with the seat passenger sensor, wiring, or the seatbelt pretensioner.

The wiring for the seatbelt can be very sensitive and any change can cause faults such as this. I'd suggest having your car looked at by a qualified technician, who will be able to diagnose this electrical issue and perform any repairs that are required.