Q: Transmission compatible

asked by on July 05, 2016

Will a ford escape 2002 transmisskln fit into a ford freestar 2004?

No, your escape has a CD4E transmission, the Freestar uses the 4F50N. The only other vehicle that will work is the Mazda Tribute. The only model years are 2001 or 2002, depending on the production date of your car. It is listed on the information sticker in the jamb of the driver’s door. 11/18/01 and before, and 11/19/01 and after is the cutoff point. Transmissions can look identical, but have internal differences in electronics and mechanics, which will cause problems or not work properly if the wrong one is installed.