Q: Idle issues or MAF sensor? 2001 Nissan Maxima

My 2001 nissan maxima has 270 000 plus miles and ive been having issues with performance...the engine seems to not want to turnover when car is cold and i notice it runs very rich..i can smell gasoline during idle..also while idling it sometimes idles very rough with occasional spikes..sometimes it will idle up and down contiunously until i put it into gear..struggles on inclines and i notice it doesnt have the power it should...took it too advance auto and had them put it on code reader...threw codes for idle air control system..oxygen sensors b1s2 b1s1 and air fuel mix ration sensor...please help dont know where to start!!!!

The idle air control valve monitors the air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the engine. This valve is controlled by the vehicle’s computer which will adjust idle speed based upon other measurements such as engine temperature, intake air temperature and electrical system load or voltage. When you accelerate, the engine RPM increases, and as you let off the gas, the RPM slowly returns to the normal idling speed. However, when the engine RPM drops below the normal range of 800 RPM (for most cars), it is a sign of a failing idle air control valve. In cases where this valve is clogged or is failing, your vehicle will stall instead of slowing to an idle after the release of the throttle or in some cases idle erratically. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to replace your idle air control valve.

3. Idle issues or MAF sensor? 2001 Nissan Maxima