Q: I have an Altima that stopped accelerating. Battery light and brake light on?

asked by on September 09, 2016

What could be the possibility? I'm thinking alternator.

Alternator Replacement $151.62 - $1237.14 Get a Quote
Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

If you have a battery light on then it is most likely the alternator not charging the battery. The brake light may be on since the ABS will not work if the battery voltage drops below 12 volts. You should have the battery and charging system checked before the vehicle stalls and leaves you stranded on the road somewhere. If you need help in doing so, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to you to diagnose your warning lights and make the necessary repairs to your vehicle.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr