Q: I have an Altima that stopped accelerating. Battery light and brake light on?

What could be the possibility? I'm thinking alternator.

A: If you have a battery light on then it is m...

If you have a battery light on then it is most likely the alternator not charging the battery. The brake light may be on since the ABS will not work if the battery voltage drops below 12 volts. You should have the battery and charging system checked before the vehicle stalls and leaves you stranded on the road somewhere. If you need help in doing so, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to you to diagnose your warning lights and make the necessary repairs to your vehicle.