Transmission shifting issues, flare/slip on 2-3 shift. 2...

Q: Transmission shifting issues, flare/slip on 2-3 shift. 2002 VW Jetta

asked by on December 31, 2016

Jf506e automatic transmission. Slips on the 2-3 shift. 3-4 shift is harsh. Rebuilt the transmission and still had same issue. Replaced the high/reverse hub, piston, and seals which is usually the issue and still have the same problem. All solenoids ohm out within spec. What else could be the problem? Is there certain solenoids that could still be bad that control those shifts? Fluid level is correct.

Hi there - the valve body on this transmission is prone to wear, especially for control pressure hydraulic circuits on high-mileage units like yours. If you did not replace the valve body with a rebuilt unit, and the control pressure solenoid, these components are the most likely cause of this behavior. I would have the transmission hydraulic pressures tested in operation to confirm this diagnosis. A reputable transmission shop can assist with this task.