Q: Hazard light staying on

asked by on November 08, 2016

Hi, my Audi is having an intermittent problem with Hazards/indicators. There is a buzzing from behind the hazard button and the lights come on and stay on, also the hazard button itself dims in light. While this happens if I turn the hazards on they work fine? Not sure where to start? Cheers matt

Hello. From what you describe, it would appear that your vehicle may be experiencing issues with the hazard button. If the button is buzzing and causing the lights to malfunction that may be an indicator that it is sticking, or making abnormal contact. This can happen if the contacts inside of the switch become worn or damaged. Similar symptoms can also be caused by a faulty relay, though this is less likely if the lights are functioning correctly when the noise occurs. It may also be possible that there is a wiring issue that is causing the problems. I would recommend having a professional technician come to your location to diagnose and repair the malfunctioning lights.