Q: The clutch pedal has lost all tension what should i check?

My clutch pedal has lost all of its tension. I put a new clutch into the truck last year in november and when i lost pressure it was as if something broke and then the pedal hit the floor and i could not get the truck in gear to even try to start it.

The clutch pedal going all the way to the floor without disengaging the clutch is caused by a failure in the hydraulic clutch linkage. There is a clutch master cylinder (and reservoir) and a slave cylinder down underneath near the clutch itself. You can check the fluid level in the reservoir; it takes DOT 3 brake fluid. But if it has leaked out, the master and slave cylinder may require replacement. You may be able to refill the reservoir and bleed the air out and make it work. But it will leak out again if any leaks are present. An experienced technician, like one from YourMechanic, can come out and inspect your clutch issue, replace your clutch fluid, and make any other repairs as necessary.

3. The clutch pedal has lost all tension what should i check?