Q: Steering wheel doesn't return back to the center

asked by on March 07, 2017

Steering wheel doesn't return back to the center it goes the way you turn and also when you brake there is a little play In the steering wheel

Steering wheel is hard to turn Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. The condition you are describing is often a symptom of a steering column failure. The steering column is comprised of several individual sections, starting at the steering rack, and continuing to the steering wheel itself. Sometimes on newer electronic power steering systems, an electrical sensor issue or EPS module problem will also create this type of situation. I would recommend having a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to complete a steering wheel is hard to turn inspection, which should allow them to correctly diagnose this issue and recommend the right repairs.