Q: What do the error messages mean when playing a USB device?

What do the error messages mean when playing a USB device?

A: Your car’s audio system can display a numbe...

Your car’s audio system can display a number of different error messages when something goes wrong while playing files or connecting to your USB flash memory device. Below, you’ll find a brief summary of these.

1. USB Error: This means that there’s a connection problem with the adapter.

2. Bad USB Device Please Check Owner’s Manual: This means that the device is not being recognized as compatible. Disconnect it, turn off the audio system, and turn it on again. Don’t reconnect the device.

3. Unplayable File: This means the file type is not supported or is protected.

4. USB No Song: This message indicates that the flash drive is empty.

5. Unsupported: This means that the device is not supported. Reconnecting can help if you are using a device you know is supported.