Q: Cylinder misfires

asked by on February 03, 2016

The cylinder misfires, and I have a blown coil pack. Is it a possible electrical malfunction on the ignition wiring?

Sometimes an ignition coil failure may be due to outlying causes like oil on plug wires or plugs with too large of a gap. If the coil has to work too hard to jump the gap, the spark plugs can lead to coil premature failures. You should have a complete system inspection when a failure like this happens. I recommend having a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, check your vehicle out for you.