Q: My car twice out of 4 times today would not start on the first time. Second time started fine. At 2 read lights it was sort of je

Car twice out of 4 times today would not start on first try. Then when at 2 stop lights it was sort of gently jerking. Not happening evry time or even twice in a row. Car just got new battery like 8 months ago and had a fuel like and fuel filter replaced 3 weeks ago.

Hello, thank you for writing in. Your symptoms point towards an issue with fuel or spark. If you just had work done on the fuel system, you may wan to have your fuel pressure tested at the engine. This will let you know that the lines, filter, and pump are all working correctly. You should also have the ignition system tested. This would mean inspecting the spark plugs to make sure they are in good condition, and making sure the plugs are receiving spark. Testing for spark is best done with a simple spark tester that is inserted into the plug’s wire. If having trouble starting, turn the key to the "On" position before starting, and let it sit. This give the fuel pump a moment to prime. If you do not hear the faint buzzing of the fuel pump priming (you may have to listen closer to the fuel tank), then you may be having issues with the pump. Only further testing will tell. For more help with testing and repairs, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. My car twice out of 4 times today would not start on the first time. Second time started fine. At 2 read lights it was sort of je