Q: Hi. I have an 04 avalanche the brake system seem to have locked up while i was driving. can u tell what it might be? its makes a l

asked by on March 16, 2017

Hi. I have an 04 avalanche the brake system seem to have locked up while i was driving. can u tell what it might be? its makes a loud scrubbing metal sound.

Hi there. Your 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche should have an anti-lock braking system; which in most cases will restrict the braking to ensure this doesn’t occur. However, there are some things that will restrict the ABS from working as it should such as; worn out brake pads (which might be the case since you’re hearing a metal-to-metal grinding sound as the brakes are applied), damaged to the brake rotor, leaking brake fluid or an electrical issue with the ABS module. It is a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a brake system inspection, so they can determine what is damaged and which repairs need to be made to safely drive your vehicle.