Q: How does the rear defroster work?

How does the rear defroster work?

Your Altima is equipped with a front and rear defroster. While the front defroster is tied into your car’s air conditioning and heating system, and operated from the air

conditioner control panel, the rear defroster is not.

To activate the rear defroster, locate the button on the dash that says “RR” and shows the defroster image. Press this button and the back glass will begin defrosting. Note that if your car is equipped with side view mirror defrosters, this will also activate those.

• The rear defroster is electronic, and made up of wires in the glass of the back window. However, the top rows are not part of this system – they’re the car’s antenna. Don’t worry if that area doesn’t defrost as quickly as the rest of the window. This is normal.

• The rear defroster will turn off by itself after 15 minutes.

3. How does the rear defroster work?