Q: bought a brand new starter brand new starter solenoid truck does not want start and I have no power on the inside of my vehicle

My vehicle started up in the morning and then it shut off and wont start again I bought a brand new starter and starter relay still will not start I keep hearing a clickin sound and my motor oil only had 2 quarts in it while I was messing with my solenoid trying to start the vehicle from the outside all of my power on the inside without so my question is is my motor locked down because lack of oil or is it electronically like it's not getting enough power to start my vehicle ?

Battery Replacement $200.97 - $319.07 Get a Quote
Starter Replacement $154.22 - $1141.96 Get a Quote
Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

To determine if the engine is seized, simply attempt to turn the crankshaft pulley bolt clockwise and the crankshaft should rotate. If the spark plugs are all removed, the crankshaft will turn with relatively little resistance. Of course, if the spark plugs are all installed you will feel resistance but the engine will still turn, unless it is seized. As far problems with the starting circuit, the very first thing that should be done is have the battery load tested by a professional. Load testing can only be reliably performed on a fully charged battery. If the battery passes a load test be sure it is NOT a marginal pass in which case you should install a new battery to reduce diagnostic headaches. Batteries are a VERY important component in a car’s electrical system.

Once you have a fully functioning battery, if the starting system still does not function, there are actually only a relatively limited number of causes. Broadly, either the starter motor/solenoid assembly is faulty or the electrical circuit supplying the motor has a fault. That circuit begins at the battery and includes grounds, wiring (some of which is very heavy cabling), fuses, relays, the ignition switch and terminations. Basically, the starter is either getting power or it isn’t. If the starter motor is getting power but it doesn’t work, the starter is condemned and replaced. Alternatively, if there is no power to the starter, then the circuit is traced until the fault in the circuit is found. Notably, faults can include high resistances, due to corrosion, wire strand breaks, or loose terminals, which can only be diagnosed using a voltage drop test. If you desire that a certified mechanic resolve this promptly, please simply request a no start diagnostic and the responding mechanic will get it diagnosed and repaired for you. Please let us know if you have further concerns or questions as we are always here to help you.