Q: My compressor went out. Will that cause my engine to not operate?

asked by on September 06, 2016

Tried giving it a jump. Baterry has more than enough juice but still wont start..it just keep winding.

Hello. If you have an engine that is cranking but not starting, then you need to look on dashboard to see if the theft light is flashing first. If it is, then try a different key to see if that works. If not, then you have to have the theft systems checked and diagnosed for the no start. If the light is not coming on, then have the engine systems scanned to see if codes are present and then diagnose them. If no codes are present, then have the fuel pressure tested to see if the pump needs to be replaced. For help having this all checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician will be able to come to your home or office to inspect the starting issue and guide with repairs.