Q: Every time I turn my steering wheel left, my BMW ABS light flashes and the car stutters and loses all power

Every time I turn left my car judders and loses all power, and the ABS light flashes. But it's when driving and turning right.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. Your car ABS sys...

Hi, thanks for writing in. Your car ABS system is equipped with wheel speed sensors which monitor wheel speed and relays this information to the computer which tells the ABS system how to react when the car is out of control. When these sensors are faulty, this can cause them to send incorrect information to the computer which causes the ABS system to react when it should not. When the car loses power, this is a safety feature that is designed to keep the car and driver safe when the car is in fact actually out of control.

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.