Q: Low coolant light coming on

asked by on February 16, 2016

The low coolant light comes on after driving a little. The light goes off when the car isn't moving. The temperature stays constantly at the middle of the gauge.

Hi, the car most likely just a little low on coolant. Check the levels when the car is cold and add 50/50 BMW Coolant with distilled water mix until the marker is at the full line. It is not normal to add coolant to the engine because it is a closed system so there is most likely a leak somewhere. Check the hoses and the overflow tank for residue. If the issue persists, have a technician help inspect the vehicle for possible coolant leakage.